March 04, 2012

LeeSsang

Formed in 2002, Leessang (Hangul리쌍; stylized as LeeSsang) is a South Korean Hip-hop duo, composed of Kang Hee-gun ("Garie") and Gil Seong-joon ("Gil"). First, I don’t know that much about this awesome duo. I have only known Kang Garie from the urban variety show Running Man. Maybe some of their song has been played as the background music which I have barely known the title. They have released seven album in total and the latest album named AsuRa BalBalTa has reached the successful breakthrough after their two years hiatus.


There are particular reason why I’ve been listening to them. Beside of Garie’s personality that I’ve seen on running man, the lyrics of their song are mostly emotional and so honest. They try to show the other side of them, the emotional and poetic man behind all of the witty and quirky behavior.

Entertainment programs display our personalities, but later when we write lyrics to our music, people probably think, ‘Hmm, I never expected this from him’. But instead of catering to those kinds of people, I think it’s only right that we write the kind of music we want to write, as musicians. After being a member of society for 15 years and as I grow older, I don’t want to cover anything up. Instead of telling beautiful and sugar-coated stories, I want to reveal what’s true and emotional through our music.”

One day when I was browsing the internet, to find something about Leessang, I found something extraordinary. That few of their hits were written by Garie and originally based on his lovelife. Leessang released I’m Not Laughing when gary and his beau broke up for the first time. but they got back together. after a while, they decided that maybe they’re not meant to be, then he wrote Ballerino -but of course, as you all have guessed, they got back together again. 

This push and pull had gotten Garie inspired to write one of LeeSsang’s hit, The Girl Who Cant Break Up, The Boy Who Cant Leave and they stayed together for a while.  But in the end, things hadn’t got any better and this time they chose to go separate way. He never said clearly what was the reason and straight, wrote it down into a song titled You’re The Answer To A Guy Like Me

The fact that slightly wrecked my heart is those songs were came from a relationship with just one-the same-girl ! I wonder how would she feel about it. And when asked where the girl is now, he simply smiled and said, “she’s married now.”

One word, everyone ! WOW *amazed*

No comments:

Post a Comment