August 26, 2012

Just A Game


This the second post I write about Suzanne Collins' master piece. I've bragged about her awesome trilogy. Yeah, as you can see that I'm already obsessed about the trilogy and less than a week or maybe about 36 hours I've finished reading the second book. Is that something that I must be proud or ashamed of? If it weren't because I was afraid of an end, I could have finished the book less that 24 hours.

Well, yeah, enough with the book. Now, I'm here to talk about one of the song in the soundtrack. On march, they released an album named "The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond" . I like the idea mentioning District 12 on the title. Very Hunger Games-ish ? They put 16 songs and 1 bonus track in total.and it has been certified with Gold by the RIAA. Taylor swift with her ​​magical voice, singing more than one song, the album had reached number one on the US billboard and sold 175,000 copies on its first week.

I know Taylor sang two songs titled : "Safe and Sound" with The Civil Wars and another song titled "Eyes Open". Good songs but I have my own version of highlight. There is Birdy, British musician who is well known by her cover of Bon Iver's Skinny Love. Her song in this album titled "Just A Game". The piano, the voice are amazing.The Lyric is so representative about what happen between Katniss and Peeta in The Hunger Games. Birdy's song which is very touching, has the magic to tell the story about Katniss Everdeen who was very confuse and felt lost and then she put emphasis to the part which I think is about Peeta Mellark comes and offers Katniss the feeling of safety in the middle of the game and that making Katniss more confuse and wondering to her self and maybe questioning "Is it just a game?".

When I read the lyric, i think the song can be a soundtrack for the current monday couple in Korean Variety Show "Running Man". Some say the boy, Kang Gary, the pure guy, has never been lied about his feeling toward her Monday Couple Parner, Song Ji Hyo. They've been acted as a couple for one and a half year and abruptly, there was a news about Song Ji Hyo's dating her own boss and you can tell maybe Kang Gary has felt the same as Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games. Betrayed and Fooled about the girls' reaction to their true feeling. But fortunately, Peeta and Katniss have a good ending. They end up together yet Monday Couple is still rumored to come back. I wish Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo for the best.

 love the piano 2:39-2:57

No comments:

Post a Comment